Thursday, April 30, 2009

Water Day in the Family Room

Our family has been very busy this week, which is one reason I haven't had a chance to post for a whole week! Today is the first day Princess and I will be home ALL DAY!!! This morning I had a lot of catching up to do - cleaning, laundry, all that exciting stuff. I needed Princess to occupy herself while I worked. I remembered seeing a pouring activity on one of the Montessori blogs I follow (sorry, I can't remember which one). I just filled a big container with water and gave her a few utensils thinking maybe she would play for a while. She played all the way until lunch! It was amazing! She loved just pouring things back and forth. She really like the medicine dropper.

Notice her Superman pjs. She has really been into wearing her brother's clothes lately. Even his underwear! She is a mess!

When Superboy got home from Pre-K, I tried the same activity with him. It lasted about 2 minutes.

Everything was still laying out when Princess got up from her nap. She got right back to work.

When big sister got home from school, I left them alone to play. This is what I found when I came back into the room. Leave it to Fashionista to turn a simple activity into a huge production! Every towel stood for something different - home, office, doctor, etc.

Of course, now Superboy had to get back in on the action. They played until supper. Then guess where they went? The bathtub!!! It was raining outside all day and we were wet inside, too!

1 comment:

  1. I love the creativity of Eve. She is really a special little girl!

    ReplyDelete