Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Baby Boy

The other night, I was thinking about my baby boy, Luke. He turned 5 a few weeks ago and it just hit me how quickly he is growing up. I think sometimes I push him too much to grow up. I hear myself say things like, "Come on, you're five now, you should be able to do this yourself." I have to remind myself that even though he is acting so much older, he is still a little boy. I breaks my heart to think in a few years, he will think playing Legos with his mommy is so lame. I want to do everything I can to keep him little. I decided to write a note to help me remember all the ways he is still my baby boy.

1. His feet don't reach the floor at the kitchen table.

2. He still covers his ears in public bathrooms because the toilet is too loud.

3. He still says "pscketti" instead of "spaghetti"

4. He still asks every morning if he needs to change his underwear.

5. He still believes he can be Superman when he grows up.

6. He still comes to sleep with us when it's storming outside.

7. He still thinks driving through a car wash is the coolest thing ever.

8. He still thinks he'll go blind if he doesn't eat his carrots. (Not that he really cares, though!)

9. He pulls out his light saber ready to fight the bad guys if he hears a strange noise in the house.

10. He still wants to marry his mommy and live with us forever.

2 comments:

  1. Hee hee! What a great list!

    I think driving through the car wash is the coolest thing ever too, but then again, I don't think I ever really grew up! ;-)

    ReplyDelete